Although not new, one of the biggest growing trends in recruitment and human resources today is people analytics. Like marketing, finance and sales before it, people analytics enables every step of recruiting and hiring to be tracked and measured.
At its highest level it takes the guesswork out of decision-making surrounding employee hiring and management. Whilst put simply, you can analyse data taken from business operations and HR systems i.e. demographics, payroll, holiday/absence records, appraisals, engagement surveys etc to help you to:
- Save time
- Save money
- Increase efficiencies
- Make better management and business
- Cut down on wasted time on recruitment efforts
- Raise the quality of new hires
- Minimise employee turnover rates
- Build high-performing sales teams
- Predict future staffing needs
- Implement more effective training solutions
- Drive up employee and customer satisfaction rates
People analytics has many other benefits. So, if you want to improve your organisation’s recruitment so you know:
- What attracts and resonates with job seekers
- Where your best talent came
- What candidate characteristics (personality, skills, knowledge) make for the best hires
- Cost-per-hire and time-to-hire for your employees
- The best times to ramp up or cut back on recruitment
- How to increase workplace diversity
…then it’s time to embrace people analytics.
And because sometimes HR can often struggle to quantify and measure its success, people analytics can change all this. It allows you to identify the people and programs that are worth your time and the ones that aren’t. Plus, it can give you more time to spend on things that drive results, and which give you a competitive edge.
As we move forwards, recruitment departments will quickly learn and adopt people analytics as a tool to more efficiently source candidates, reduce time to hire, and accurately identify the most qualified candidates. For more information, contact Debby Clayton 01327 229685, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.total-spectrum.com